Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Squeaking Noise Near Trunk Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just want to add that I had this exact problem and found this thread through Googling. The fix for me was adjusting rear hatch rubber stop - a few turns clockwise of both rubber stops completed stopped the noise. Thanks for the suggestions from earlier posters!

Hey all,

I'm a brand new Model Y owner (about 3k miles so far) and just recently my trunk has started making this really loud squeaking when the rear of the car hits ANY kind of bump. Here is a brief video
(you can hear it really good near the end of the clip)

I took it into my SC and they said the lift gate needed to be tightened to be more secure. I picked up the car from the SC yesterday and the noise was gone for about 20 miles until it came back with a vengeance. I have tried everything from putting electrical tape around the latch, checking if it's actually the rear seats, cleaning it, etc...

This is really driving me insane and I really don't want to wait another 3 weeks to take it back in. Was wanting to post here to see if anyone else has had anything that worked.

Thanks all and sorry if this has been posted before
Hi, did you resolve them?