Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tail light short?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was working on installing Starlink tail light for a friend's model Y. We tested it and everything worked out nicely. We routed the two cables up the conduit on the right side trunk area. To do so, we removed the pins from the plug so it could be fished up the conduit. I think in the process we might have shorted the brake light cable (I believe it's the red wire). The turn signal (amber on the 2023 model Y) and the reverse lights do work, just NOT the brake. We tried hard reboot, soft reboot, power off, removed the DC converter power temporarily, let the car sleep overnight and nothing works. Still the same situation. Any idea to try to reset that?

I had similar issue when installing my tail lights and it turn out the pins in my main harness adapter got loose. They're so cheaply made so i'd unplug all of the connector and double check that all the pins are still there and have fell out of the slots.

just curious with the starlink tailights, are there just an adapters that plug into each oem adapter for the side and inner trunk? I ask because for my taillight, which i think were made to work with M3 which has the same wire for brake and turn signal, I have an extra wire that plug/tap into the 3rd brake light (i assume for the brake signal, but it didn't work and also prevented my brakes from working until i disconnect it).