Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tyre replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update.

My tyres were finally replaced last Wednesday as at 29500 miles the fns was 3.3mm, fos 3.3mm, rns 3.0mm and ros 2.9mm and I wanted new tyres for a run down to Paris.

The saga was getting 19 inch tyres. There were no Hankooks anywhere for a direct replacement so on black circles I found the Michelin cross climate 2 which they advertised as popular with Tesla drivers. However when the garage was contacted for fitting they refused because Michelin isn’t an authorised brand for Tesla.

I then contacted Tesla service who quoted 395 per tyre for Hankook. Left it 24hrs and tried again, and a supply of Hankooks evo s3 had obviously come in. Black circles was 223 per tyre and Asda tyres 188.75 including a 5 pound discount per tyre.

The sound and handling is the same as when the car was new, and on many French roads the cabin was eerily quiet which just shows you the standard of many of our roads.
The roads in the UK, like much of our infrastructure, are in a terrible state. Decades of under-investment.