Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Replacing OEM 19' Hankooks on MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious as to whether anybody has replaced the original Hankook 19" tyres on their Model Y RWD in Australia, and if so what did you go with?

When new, I thought that the Hankooks suited the car really well and had no complaints. It's now done 22,000kms, and with all the rain we've in Sydney recently have surprisingly started to lose traction in the wet whilst being gently driven. Loss of traction can occur with either the rears or the fronts, and whilst being corrected very quickly, is an indicator that it's time to start looking at replacements. The tread remains around 2mm above the tyre wear indicator.

I've looked at replacement options, the Hankooks are around $400 each (!), and I don't want to ruin the drive with an ill suited tyre.

I was surprised that they've lasted so few kms and then I saw the following video (testing done on a MY coincidentally) that explains the trade off in going OEM replacement.