Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK/Europe price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the price in China include any taxes? 20% VAT on £40k is £8k, which would make up most of the difference.

This is most of the price difference for product comparisons between the UK and US. US prices don't include local sales tax, if any,

Does the price in China include any taxes? 20% VAT on £40k is £8k, which would make up most of the difference.

This is most of the price difference for product comparisons between the UK and US. US prices don't include local sales tax, if any,
Model YLR prices
Ger & Fra 57-60000EUR means UK price 10-15% more expensive than France or Germany?
Ire/ Spain/ Holland 64000EUR means UK price 3% more than in Ireland, Spain ,Holland or anywhere else in EU?
USA 55000USD means UK price 35% more expensive than USA?
Canada 77000CDN means UK price 22% more expensive than Canada?
Swiss 62000CHF means UK price 10% more expensive than Switzerland?
HK 388000HKD means UK price nearly 50% more than in Hong Kong?
I know the GBP has ahardened a little over past month but really?
We not only get the product late but pay considerably more. Tax rates in major EU countries are very aligned with the UK. We are being ripped off.

Model YLR prices
Ger & Fra 57-60000EUR means UK price 10-15% more expensive than France or Germany?
Ire/ Spain/ Holland 64000EUR means UK price 3% more than in Ireland, Spain ,Holland or anywhere else in EU?
We not only get the product late but pay considerably more. Tax rates in major EU countries are very aligned with the UK. We are being ripped off.

Im not sure where you are getting your prices from, but for the US, the price is not 55,000 USD. Its 58,990 USD before destination charge (1200 USD, which must be paid, and is not shown as part of pricing, and taxes, which are not included in any pricing online ever.

So your USA price is very wrong, and given that, I wonder how accurate your others are.

Model YLR prices
That’s the point, late and expensive

What's the GBP15,000 for, import tax, shipping cost?
10% import tax, 20% VAT, £1k shipping costs.

But you are falling into the trap in thinking that the cost of an item is manufacturing/logistics costs + a set margin. If you want to be profitable you price your items at the price the market is willing to bare - why would Tesla sell it for less when it is competitive against the competition and sales are growing? China is much more competitive with locally produced BEVs.

Reactions: roadcred
10% import tax, 20% VAT, £1k shipping costs.

But you are falling into the trap in thinking that the cost of an item is manufacturing/logistics costs + a set margin. If you want to be profitable you price your items at the price the market is willing to bare - why would Tesla sell it for less when it is competitive against the competition and sales are growing? China is much more competitive with locally produced BEVs.
You got it in one! You price anything at the most a market can stand and that is exactly what is happening!

That price alone is incorrect as you are forgetting to add the registation tax which is an additional HKD201,000 on top.
I'm assuming you're not including various taxes for each of the those countries you listed.

Reactions: Kurokawa
The price is also not going to be just the price of the car alone, they are going to factor in the cost of doing business in the country and overheads etc somewhere along the line.

I'm not sure of other countries tax benefits for EVs but now that the UK one has been removed for Tesla that definitely has an affect on the whole range of pricing, I suspect they actually increased the prices of the P to cover lower margins on the SR and LR