Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y suspension on UK LR AWD models

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is an early Y and the suspension is miles better than the 2019 3 that I had.. the three didn't appear to even have suspension, it just crashed into speed bumps and potholes like it was hitting a wall. It's still totally crap though.

Would love to try the new Y.. maybe it's go to the standard my cheap peugeot had 20 years ago..

Mine is an early Y and the suspension is miles better than the 2019 3 that I had.. the three didn't appear to even have suspension, it just crashed into speed bumps and potholes like it was hitting a wall. It's still totally crap though.

Would love to try the new Y.. maybe it's go to the standard my cheap peugeot had 20 years ago..
Just book a test drive. Easy enough to do.

As I’ve got older, there’s a limit I’m prepared to drop on comfort but beyond that it’s a deal breaker. The early Model Y’s hit that deal breaker but the 23’s with comfort suspension are good enough. Not good, but I could live with it.

I'm currently in the market for a LR Model Y and have been actively researching second-hand options for the past four months. I'm particularly interested in acquiring a vehicle with the comfort suspension feature.

Which is the most reliable method to identify which cars available on the market come equipped with this feature. Would it be through the VIN number, registration plate (bearing in mind this reflects the registration date rather than the manufacturing date), or perhaps another method?

Thanks in advance

I'm currently in the market for a LR Model Y and have been actively researching second-hand options for the past four months. I'm particularly interested in acquiring a vehicle with the comfort suspension feature.

Which is the most reliable method to identify which cars available on the market come equipped with this feature. Would it be through the VIN number, registration plate (bearing in mind this reflects the registration date rather than the manufacturing date), or perhaps another method?

Thanks in advance
No one knows. I suspect if you look at the dampers there’s probably a part number on them, but it’ll probably need a disassembly to find it. From anecdotal evidence, it seems that the change cut in on cars from about March/April last year. I think if you go for something summer onwards you should be well into “comfort” territory.

This uncertainty was what eventually pushed me over the edge to go for a lease on a new one rather than a purchase of a used model.