Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Window Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I’ve been having an issue with my Model Y. The front passenger side window will not auto close, and when you try to close it it just goes back down.

I’ve tried calibrating them but have had no luck so far.

My closest Service Center is 2ish hours away so I would hope to avoid it.
7E78D3F8-6924-4293-AF5D-9B2E997EC232.jpeg

Hello, I’ve been having an issue with my Model Y. The front passenger side window will not auto close, and when you try to close it it just goes back down.

I’ve tried calibrating them but have had no luck so far.

My closest Service Center is 2ish hours away so I would hope to avoid it.
View attachment 896793
Are you mechanically inclined enough that you could just buy the window regulator part yourself and replace it? That project is annoying, but not really that difficult.

Upvote 0
I’m having the same issue on the same window. Made an appointment for later this month. Googled how to enter Service Mode (thanks @T3SLA_ for the screenshot that let me know this mode existed) and will give the window calibration another try tomorrow from that interface rather than the window switch method that didn’t work.🤞🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: T3SLA_
Upvote 0
I have a similar issue. My front passenger window will not stay at any sized opening. It will go all the way down once I release the button. It will open or close all the way, but nothing in between.
The car is less than a week old (picked up on Monday). I opened a service ticket, a tech is due to visit on Wednesday.
I am a little bummed that this was not caught during the PDI.

Reactions: T3SLA_
Upvote 0
I have a similar issue. My front passenger window will not stay at any sized opening. It will go all the way down once I release the button. It will open or close all the way, but nothing in between.
The car is less than a week old (picked up on Monday). I opened a service ticket, a tech is due to visit on Wednesday.
I am a little bummed that this was not caught during the PDI.
Tesla mobile service is coming on the 26th, luckily

They ordered a window regulator and it’s covered by warranty.

I hope it will fix the issue.

Reactions: exxxviii
Upvote 0