Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. I hope somebody can help me. I have a one month old model Y (2023) and the front driver side window won’t auto close because it snags near the top. It seems that the door is slightly over closing and is putting pressure near that spot. if I pull and hold the window up button, I can force it to close. By overriding that pinch protection… but I can’t seem to get rid of it. I was able to make it close by itself if I put outward pressure on the window, so I’m quite certain that it’s just the safety system, preventing the window from closing all the way. All four windows pass the calibration in service mode. I don’t know what to do. I had the windows tinted and I have a vinyl wrap on the car and so I’m worried that if I take it into Tesla it will void my warranty :-( I tried lubricating the seal with a little bit of silicone based cleaning product to no avail. I’ve attached a video to show what is going on. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Attachments

• FF80BA48-7E58-4E08-AAE4-10886FC0FADD.jpeg
    FF80BA48-7E58-4E08-AAE4-10886FC0FADD.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 131
I know the tiny has nothing to do with it but I bet they’re going to blame it on the tiny and it’s not only the tiny. I had a car wrapped, which means they might’ve had something to do with it. Actually, I’m gonna take it to the place that wrapped it and see if they can tweak it.

Good luck. Let me know what they did to actually fix it. It would be interesting to see how they solve the problem and maybe I’ll get my tint guys to replicate the solution.