Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Monthly Electricity Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is highly dependent on your electricity rate, driving style, and weather - but I've got 376 miles on my Performance. I've used 137kWh to charge over that distance (I've been enjoying it since I picked it up...).

1500 / 376 = 3.98
3.98 x 137 = 545.26kWh projected over 1,500 miles

My electricity is 12 cents/kWh, so my projected cost is $65.43 over 1500 miles. That's 4 cents (or .36kWh) per mile. There are multiple rate plans with most electric companies, so check to see what makes the most sense, and if there are off-peak times, make sure you set charging to that window.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Hello everyone, I live in SoCal and having issues calculating my monthly power bill cost. I drive about 1500 miles a month. How much of an increase have you all had ?
Last time I charged at a SC in SoCo there were time of day cost variations. Sometime twice the rate vs different time of day charge.
Looking at reason for this, power cost vary based on time of day. That would make it tough to figure out charging cost.
Generally cost were cheapest at night.
My charging cost in AZ works out to be roughly $4 for 150 mile charge. .10kwh x 40 kw. But I have Solar, so my out of pocket cost is 0. My Solar payback reached 5 years ago. Applying that to your 1500 miles/month would equal $40.
Check your after hour kwh charge rate and multiply that by 40kw (150miles=1/2 battery capacity) x 10 to equal 1500 miles. Should get you close.

This question gets asked fairly often, and like @lUtriaNt said, only responses local to the OP are even a little bit meaningful. Even with local responses, its not that meaningful to find out what others are paying, because everyones electricity profile is different.

Its like asking "How much weight is everyone gaining who is eating meat for dinner?". Too many variables for any responses to be actually meaningful as far as comparing numbers. People do it anyway though.

OP here is another recent thread in the model Y subforum with the same basic question. You can look through this thread and that one for some responses, but as I said, they dont actually mean anything as far as comparing rates, spend, etc.