Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motorweek: Roadster road test.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's up with the 4.4s 0-60 time for a sport model? Has there been any third party test that has achieved Tesla's advertised 0-60 times of 3.7 for sport and 3.9 for standard Roadsters? The 1/4 mile times are also slower than owners have recorded at the track, IIRC.

Did they put it in performance mode?
Did they turn TC off?
Was the battery pack low on charge?
Was the pack, PEM or motor at a sub-optimal temperature?

Various factors could have explained why they didn't get the best possible #s.

What's up with the 4.4s 0-60 time for a sport model? Has there been any third party test that has achieved Tesla's advertised 0-60 times of 3.7 for sport and 3.9 for standard Roadsters? The 1/4 mile times are also slower than owners have recorded at the track, IIRC.

I've seen magazines show results where they've tested and gotten the 3.7 and 3.9 numbers including (for the Sport):
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests..._porsche_boxster_spyder_comparison/specs.html

Comments from an owner on 1/4 mile runs:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...0-Roadster-Sport?p=39984&viewfull=1#post39984

Did they put it in performance mode?
Did they turn TC off?
Was the battery pack low on charge?
Was the pack, PEM or motor at a sub-optimal temperature?

Various factors could have explained why they didn't get the best possible #s.

I understand that TEG. I guess what I'm asking is if they weren't in performance mode, etc., then why not. Does't someone from Tesla make sure they know how to operate the car in order to get the optimum result for any given test?

I dunno. My guess would be that a lot of review press just borrows vehicles without requesting 'special instructions' on how to use it. They probably try to test cars in a standardized way without trying to find extra steps to optimize.