Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MountainPass Performance Comfort Coilovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@MountainPass What is your thoughts on adjustable sway bar links? Had them on my other lower cars, not sure if it made a difference. I was thinking more of it outlasting OEM sway bar link before you get the dreaded clug-clug sound at low speed? Is it worth for you folks to manufacture them?
We had a look at making sway bar links and couldn't find a good solution that wouldn't result in clunking noises. The stock ones are also super-light too!

Is there anyone in the Arizona location who knows a local shop to install these (rear camber + coilovers) on the Y? Stil waiting for the kit to be delivered, but trying to find a shop to have it installed. So far a few places I've called declined to do the install.

Is there anyone in the Arizona location who knows a local shop to install these (rear camber + coilovers) on the Y? Stil waiting for the kit to be delivered, but trying to find a shop to have it installed. So far a few places I've called declined to do the install.

Apexcustoms? I just googled it.

Reactions: Paul8810
Apexcustoms? I just googled it.

One of the first places I pinged, wanted $250/h for 5-7 hours since they've never done it before and seemed hesitant speaking to them over the phone.

One of the first places I pinged, wanted $250/h for 5-7 hours since they've never done it before and seemed hesitant speaking to them over the phone.
That's just an outrageous rip-off obviously. I've never heard of a local shop charging that kind of rate. Only high end brand dealerships (like for example Porsche) charge ~$250 an hour, and our ace Tesla mechanic Ian at Merrimack Auto in New Hampshire I think charges $125 an hour.

Last edited:
That's just an outrageous rip-off obviously. I've never heard of a local shop charging that kind of rate. Only high end brand dealerships (like for example Porsche) charge ~$250 an hour, and our ace Tesla mechanic Ian at Merrimack Auto in New Hampshire I think charges $125 an hour.
Yea, I was thinking the same at least in the ballpark of $125-$175 possibly. Always eager to support local businesses as well but this was a bit out of my range.

Alignment in the front doesn’t look too good. Maybe should have gotten the LCA.. 😂
FC05C29E-B9A9-4BA4-AC6F-F3B868813389.jpeg

Reactions: Wreckz
Alignment in the front doesn’t look too good. Maybe should have gotten the LCA.. 😂View attachment 664235
How much did you drop your car? Outside of a vehicle that's been slammed those would be unusual numbers for front camber particularly if your vehicle was dropped the usual inch and change. I suspect you may have started out with an unusually hi negative camber vehicle prior to the coilover setup. Those numbers at least on the left side are almost good enough for tracking but the asymmetry from left to right would be a problem, and yes, the upper control arm is a solution. I would just confirm with mountain pass that in fact the shims would allow you to actually add positive camber to an overly negative camber front suspension. It's one of the few suspension parts from Mountain Pass that I don't have on my car so I don't know the answer to that.

Reactions: WeooooooHuh
How much did you drop your car? Outside of a vehicle that's been slammed those would be unusual numbers for front camber particularly if your vehicle was dropped the usual inch and change. I suspect you may have started out with an unusually hi negative camber vehicle prior to the coilover setup. Those numbers at least on the left side are almost good enough for tracking but the asymmetry from left to right would be a problem, and yes, the upper control arm is a solution. I would just confirm with mountain pass that in fact the shims would allow you to actually add positive camber to an overly negative camber front suspension. It's one of the few suspension parts from Mountain Pass that I don't have on my car so I don't know the answer to that.

i went pretty low. Forgot how much I dropped it as I went even a bit lower than my initial drop of 1.5”.

Reactions: dfwatt
i went pretty low. Forgot how much I dropped it as I went even a bit lower than my initial drop of 1.5”.

That might explain everything except the asymmetry which I suspect you started out with. My recollection is it's about 0.75 degrees negative camber per inch of drop. At least that's my guesstimate on that so if you get close to 2 in you're going to get a degree and a half negative camber added to whatever your original camber was. Mine was close to 0 so I ended up with about a degree negative which is good for the street. But if you started out a little bit negative on the left side and pretty much zero on the right side and then dropped it almost 2 in you end up in the territory you're in with again an assumption that there was a little bit of a symmetry to start with. I think the MPP upper control arm is your best bet.

I'm assuming from your alignment that you've already got the rear camber arms?

Last edited:
That might explain everything except the asymmetry which I suspect you started out with. My recollection is it's about 0.75 degrees negative camber per inch of drop. At least that's my guesstimate on that so if you get close to 2 in you're going to get a degree and a half negative camber added to whatever your original camber was. Mine was close to 0 so I ended up with about a degree negative which is good for the street. But if you started out a little bit negative on the left side and pretty much zero on the right side and then dropped it almost 2 in you end up in the territory you're in with again an assumption that there was a little bit of a symmetry to start with. I think the MPP upper control arm is your best bet.

I'm assuming from your alignment that you've already got the rear camber arms?
Yep I got the rear camber arms installed. Initially I wasn’t going to drop it too low in the front but after wrapping it up I wanted moar low.. should’ve listened to my gut and ordered the LCA. Lol

Yep I got the rear camber arms installed. Initially I wasn’t going to drop it too low in the front but after wrapping it up I wanted moar low.. should’ve listened to my gut and ordered the LCA. Lol
Can you post some pictures? I don't think I've ever seen a quasi slammed model Y? Should look fantastic with some super wide wheels and tires