Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Moved] Is Tesla luxury?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I'm not judging it against a luxury car, despite the price. The money is going towards performance and efficiency, not bling. If you have the ability to preheat the car, even in a sealed garage, a warm steering wheel just isn't as exciting.
I love how forum members claim Tesla’s are not luxury cars, unless they are.

Let’s pick a lane here.

Do you have examples of specific forum members doing this, or are "forum members" a bulk group that can only have one position on a matter?
There are plenty who claim their Model 3 is a luxury vehicle because they are upgrading from a Toyota.

Others claim a Model S is a luxury vehicle because that’s what it is compared to in terms of sales in a segment.

If you have not seen these posts, maybe you have not been here too long.

Newsflash: None of Tesla’s vehicles are in the luxury segment. With all the fit and finish issues along with lack of features and amenities (besides technology), they just don’t swim in those waters. But they are priced that way.

There are plenty who claim their Model 3 is a luxury vehicle because they are upgrading from a Toyota.

Others claim a Model S is a luxury vehicle because that’s what it is compared to in terms of sales in a segment.

If you have not seen these posts, maybe you have not been here too long.

Newsflash: None of Tesla’s vehicles are in the luxury segment. With all the fit and finish issues along with lack of features and amenities (besides technology), they just don’t swim in those waters. But they are priced that way.
Your claim was:
I love how forum members claim Tesla’s are not luxury cars, unless they are.

Let’s pick a lane here.
It suggests that the same member will take both sides of the argument. You're taking an entire population and suggesting hypocrisy in the position of different people. That's logically fallacious.

Reactions: TT97
Your claim was:

It suggests that the same member will take both sides of the argument. You're taking an entire population and suggesting hypocrisy in the position of different people. That's logically fallacious.
Forum members will gladly claim Tesla is a luxury brand when they see a report saying “Model S is the top selling vehicle in the Luxury Sedan class”
So I stand by my claim. Owners want it both ways depending how it benefits them.