TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Movie Tomorrowland: TESLA appearance

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by eggy, Feb 6, 2016.

1. eggy

eggy Member

Hi

I don't know whether this is known already.
    I recently watched the movie Tomorrowland and this sign caught my attention :tongue: :

Tomorrowland.jpg

Just wanted to let you know... :wink:

2. Hobiemon

Hobiemon Member

There is a quick back quarter end shot of an S in the movie "Kingsman" on Netflix. Had to rewind to make sure! Great spy spoof movie with Samuel L Jackson as well.

3. rosinchard

rosinchard Member

Thats referring to Tesla the person. Within the lore of the movie, Nikola Tesla is one of the founders of Tomorrowland (along with Edison, Verne and Eiffel). So the station is named after the man.

Towards the end of the movie you see some people in a car factory and it looks a bit like Tesla type stuff but when I paused it and squinted I think I saw a GM logo.

4. Tyl

Tyl Member

The movie was promoted by GM. The Volt was the promotional vehicle. I just hope the point of the movie wasn't lost. 2°C. We are at 1.84 and rising to my understanding! Hence, Tesla motor's mission statement.