Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving from 2021 M3P to 2022 S. Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone here transition from M3P to an S and how did you like the change?

I really like driving the M3P. This week unexpectedly I got upgraded to a 2022 S. Initial impression is that acceleration 0-60 is identical. However once over 60 the S has more to give. Better acceleration from S is only a factor on the Highway.

I can feel the extra 700 pounds of the S around town. Not that the S doesn’t handle well, but not as care free and nimble as driving the 3.

The S feels too big to me at the moment but my prior car was a CLS63 AMG and I felt the same now with the S as when I switched from my 2 series BMW to the CLS. The CLS felt too big but I enjoyed the extra acceleration at freeway speed. After a couple of months I liked the larger CLS more than the small BMW. Hoping that experience will be the same with the S as I get used to the extra size and weight.

My driving is best described as spirited but not too immature. Don’t plan to track either car.

Biggest negative so far is that insurance cost doubled which was a surprise. Any recommendations for carrier with best rates for Tesla in California? Expected an increase but not 100% from already high rate for the 3.)