Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving M3P to M3L (or P)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just mailed me to say that FSD is transferable to a new vehicle if I move by September. Since my M3P is four years old they've obviously got their marketing algorithm correctly tweaked! Some questions:

1. Is this deal repeated a lot? Since FSD is now "worth" 19k on Canadian new orders, I don't especially want to "miss out" (quotes to represent the theoretical goodness I'd be missing out on).
2. Can I keep my winter wheels (19") from the 3 and use them on the Y?
3. P - > L? I know it's subjective, but other than the loss of the "wheeee" at traffic lights with impressionable passengers, anything else you miss? The 21s would be a pain, and it's likely the suspension drop would annoy (live in Whistler, snow is not uncommon...)
4. Bikes - are people easily getting full-sized rigs into the Y? That's a major bugbear for me and the reason I occasionally have to use my partner's Golf; I don't want to do anything more than take the front wheel off.
5. Towbar - go with Tesla's own or is retrofitting sensible/more economic?
6. Charging - I assume my existing wall unit will still work, that the current draw is configurable/the same. I also assume that I can use more modern non-Tesla chargers than my 2019 3P could?

All of this depends on Tesla coming back with a sensible trade-in offer.

Anyway, thanks for any pointers you can give me, I appreciate you taking the time.

All of this depends on Tesla coming back with a sensible trade-in offer.
Looking at other threads, don't count too much on getting a so great offer from Tesla.

In fact, you can still keep your older Tesla, request the FSD transfer to the new car, and try to sell your car
using various EV Websites (findmyelectric, givemethevin, justevs ...), or through a dealer.

See the following thread and #5 posting:

Last edited:
Reactions: RobRain