Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving to Germany and Want to Take Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla won't even touch a car from a different region, so forget them honoring any warranty work. They also won't swap parts to convert cars from different regions, or sell adapters.

If you take your car out of region, you're on your own. I personally wouldn't recommend it, but you do you. Good luck.

Reactions: ElectricGhost
I know of nextmove in Germany thae had bought some TM3's from US to rent in Europe. As far as i got it they found a way to supercharge here in Europe. And to get your car registered you need to do a hell lot of paperwork as it won't get a homologated as it is different from the version sold here. So you have to do a homologation specific for your car.... I don't know if that is really worth it but perhaps would it be a good idea to call in the guys from nextmove, they defineatly should know more. (there are a lot of videos of them on Youtube although in german...)
Elektroautos mieten - TESLA Leaf Ioniq etron IPACE - nextmove

Reactions: MP3Mike
I know of nextmove in Germany thae had bought some TM3's from US to rent in Europe. As far as i got it they found a way to supercharge here in Europe. And to get your car registered you need to do a hell lot of paperwork as it won't get a homologated as it is different from the version sold here. So you have to do a homologation specific for your car.... I don't know if that is really worth it but perhaps would it be a good idea to call in the guys from nextmove, they defineatly should know more. (there are a lot of videos of them on Youtube although in german...)
Elektroautos mieten - TESLA Leaf Ioniq etron IPACE - nextmove
Thanks very much for the info....I brought a Mercedes to Germany a few years ago when I moved from the US to Munich. It goes through an inspection process in Germany and I had to swap out the front headlights, as they weren't to German standards. So it is a good point about understanding what wouldn't meet Swiss standards on the Tesla Model 3 (likely a similar process). In addition, Germany charges import taxes of 18% based on the value of the vehicle at the time of import. As a dual US/German citizen, that was waived for me given I owned the car in the US at least one year prior to bringing it over. So lots of complexities here for those considering trying to bring their cars to Europe, that is for sure...I will put the car in storage for now and research it from the Swiss side when I am there.