Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MP3 audio issues after upgrade to 2020.8.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After upgrading to 2020.8.2, I have noticed when listening to MP3s via my USB drive, the audio cuts out and then continues playback 1 or 2 seconds later. I've rebooted the car (with brake press also) and removed/reinserted the USB. Has anyone else come across this issue?

As a last resort, I will backup and reformat...

SanDisk 128GB USB3.0 - I believe it was linked here mid-2019 as one to buy. Has worked perfectly - but yes, I do understand the MicroSD are better choices.

Can't imagine why MicroSD would be better for this application.

Both are massively faster than USB2 ports on the car- and the MicroSD requires an additional adapter a USB key does not.

Personally I'm using a 256GB samsung USB key as my music collection wouldn't fit on a 128- has worked flawlessly (or as flawlessly as Teslas USB music interface ever works) for over a year and a half now.

I have the same issue since a couple of weeks. I'm using a MicroSD High Endurance for about 4 months and it was working fine. I tried 2 different USB sticks, same problem... When I play music from Slacker, it works fine, it's only happening on USB devices.

I installed 2020.12.5 two days ago, the problem is still there...

Reformatted by Samsung USB 3.0 256gb drive over again and started from scratch, creating two partitions, both of them FAT32. Still have mp3's skipping.

I then found an older 16gb Toshiba drive which I turned into my TeslaCam drive, and reformatted the Samsung as a music drive only. So far no issues.

Now I will be testing some USB hubs so I can charge my phone while both of these USB drives are plugged in.