Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This exact same problem happened with my MPP coilovers. Jesse from MPP suspected what it was immediately and gave me the same advice to fix. Just got it fixed this week by East Bay Collision in Fremont...

I'm just about to get my sport coilovers. Could someone provide a picture of pre and post on this problem? It sounds as though some aspect of the instructions could really be highlighted and perhaps expanded with some additional clarifications, since lots of installers appear to be making this minor mistake?

Last edited:
@MountainPass this is your customer service communication channel. Please report on delivery of the comfort coilovers. Mine are for the performance model. Also please reply to the customer who got zero instructions with his parts. Thanks.

I have no idea whether my suspension will come in a week, a month, or a year. Mountain Pass Performance did not respond to my email. Does anyone have any information? I ordered a month ago. Thanks. @MountainPass ?

• Funny
Reactions: Sherlo
I have no idea whether my suspension will come in a week, a month, or a year. Mountain Pass Performance did not respond to my email. Does anyone have any information? I ordered a month ago. Thanks. @MountainPass ?

Some have preordered back in 2018 and still haven’t gotten their comforts yet. I ordered in February this year and as of this past weekend I’m number 23 in line, according to my emails with MPP. The comfort coilover shipment a few weeks ago only had 12 orders fulfilled. If MPP is only getting a dozen at a time it’s gonna be another couple of months of waiting for me.

You might want to email MPP to see how many orders are ahead of you to get an idea of when you should be expecting your comforts.

I'm just about to get my sport coilovers. Could someone provide a picture of pre and post on this problem? It sounds as though some aspect of the instructions could really be highlighted and perhaps expanded with some additional clarifications, since lots of installers appear to be making this minor mistake?

This will no longer be a possible issue moving forwards.

Reactions: dfwatt
Both! We were waiting for KW to fix it, but even a few people having noisy coilovers is too many. The kits are now essentially KW dampers with custom springs and hardware. If we could make dampers we would too!

Great! Thanks for clarifying that. One more question . How do the dampers compare with the stock performance model dampers in terms of rebound and compression stiffness / resistance? Are they linear, digressive or Progressive? And what type are the stock shocks? I assume they're probably linear but I don't know. Thanks again and I'm very much looking forward to getting your great kit!

Both! We were waiting for KW to fix it, but even a few people having noisy coilovers is too many. The kits are now essentially KW dampers with custom springs and hardware. If we could make dampers we would too!

I just installed my comforts this past weekend with a couple of attempts during the week to get rid of the squeak. I figured that I would give them some time to settle and go away before I brought it up. So if there is new hardware fix ,would it be something that those who already have the kit would be able to swap out for if all else fails trying to get rid of the noise?

So far I like them a lot. I’ll follow up this weekend with pics and settings I ended up with.

Is the noise only on Comfort Coilover? Or it affects Sports Coilover as well? Have over 1000 miles on my sports coilover, have no noise issue at all. Maybe it’s my masterful installation skills.

Is the noise only on Comfort Coilover? Or it affects Sports Coilover as well? Have over 1000 miles on my sports coilover, have no noise issue at all. Maybe it’s my masterful installation skills.

Definitely your masterful skills. We have only seen it happen a few times with Comforts, but it was enough for us to fix it.

• Funny
Reactions: beastmode13
Had my MPP Comforts and MPP rear camber arms installed on my P3D today. About 55 miles on them and I'm thrilled with most of it. I was told to put some miles on it, then bring it back to the shop to measure it again after it settled a bit. Doing that tomorrow along with an alignment. It's as low as they will go. Love the look and the ride. Mine are suffering from the "creaking". I even told them about about the springs and how to install them, but both fronts are making that noise at low speeds. I know they are going to tell me to let them settle some more, but I'm not convinced it will go away, but I guess time will tell. I will bring it up so they are aware and can try to fix it later if it doesn't go away.

The good stuff:

1. Looks fantastic.
2. Ride is good, I would say just a bit firmer than stock, but they did add about 3 lbs of air to the tires, so I need to remove that and test again, but it's fine.
3. Turn in is quicker, smoother, and has much less under steer now at higher cornering speeds.
4. The P has so much torque it never really felt planted enough for to really push it. Now, it feels so much more solid and at full power it feels much more in control and planted. Loving that!

Overall, I highly recommend them. I hope the creaking can be resolved as that is really the only thing I'm not happy with at the moment.

P.S. I have the unicorn "P" that you could initially order without the brakes, 20" wheels, and spoiler, so the fender gap was the same horrible gap as the AWD cars.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Mine are suffering from the "creaking". I even told them about about the springs and how to install them, but both fronts are making that noise at low speeds. I know they are going to tell me to let them settle some more, but I'm not convinced it will go away, but I guess time will tell. I will bring it up so they are aware and can try to fix it later if it doesn't go away.

Overall, I highly recommend them. I hope the creaking can be resolved as that is really the only thing I'm not happy with at the moment.

View attachment 418284 View attachment 418285 View attachment 418286

I'm dealing with the same issue. I would reach out to MPP (if you haven't already) because they are working on something to resolve this for those who have this issue, as it's more than likely not due to install error.

Reached out to MPP and they are sending a part out to fix the spring noise! Those guys rock.

The wheel specs are:

19X8.5 ET35 Avant Garde M652 - Front
19X9.5 ET40 Avant Garde M652 - Rear

They were almost dead flush before the coil overs were installed. If you're having some custom wheels made, I would go more aggressive on the offset if you want them more flush if you're getting the MPP coil overs, but it still looks good.

Reactions: P-Lo801
Reached out to MPP and they are sending a part out to fix the spring noise! Those guys rock.

The wheel specs are:

19X8.5 ET35 Avant Garde M652 - Front
19X9.5 ET40 Avant Garde M652 - Rear

They were almost dead flush before the coil overs were installed. If you're having some custom wheels made, I would go more aggressive on the offset if you want them more flush if you're getting the MPP coil overs, but it still looks good.

Thanks. I have wheels incoming that are 19x8.5 squared with et32 offset. I lowered mine about an inch, but may raise the height a quarter of an inch because I tend to still scrape coming in/out of my driveway curb.