Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR for SR+ price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are planning on buying an MR, you can save up to $3K by ordering the SR+ instead.
Once you order, you'll probably get a call offering to upgrade you to an MR for ~$1500 (saving $1500).
If you refuse a few times, they often offer to do it for FREE! They need to hit quotas for Q1 and SR+'s are taking too long to deliver in Q1.
Worst case scenario- a few days go by and they don't call you, you can always just change to an MR. They will be very happy to let you upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
They offered me a free wheel upgrade to go from SR+ to MR. I accepted and went to pick it up. When I showed up I could see the front and back door panels were not aligned properly (bad panel gaps). They told me they could send it back up to the factory to fix it. I said pass.

Unfortunately, that meant I had to cancel the order and place a new order all over again. I even had to give them a second deposit and then wait for the first deposit to be refunded to my credit card. Now I’m waiting around like everyone else for the next batch of cars to arrive.

It seems they have a bunch of MRs in inventory, but I have a feeling at least a few of them are rejections. Proceed carefully.

• Love
Reactions: cowardlycow