Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flaps Recomendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You won't like them but I rock these: 4 Garde-Boues Tesla Model 3 (MidWest Edition) . The fit is good and they are very durable. They look like new after 2 harsh Quebec winters. They are the ones people use around here to protect their paint from peeling due to rock and sand projections (the North ones).
lol! You are correct, just received a set after seeing some good reviews on here. They look like garbage. (no offense) :)

• Funny
Reactions: GtiMart
RPMTesla

IMG-0978.jpg

The Basenor, RPM Tesla, and Abstract Ocean flaps are all the same generic ones that are sold elsewhere by other brands. I used to recommend the EV Mudflaps ones and the RallyArmor ones. I still think the EV Mudflaps are good, but the RallyArmor have a clunky installation process and don't fit how I like (I modified mine quite a bit to get them how I like them). I recently became aware of the RokBlokz flaps by a post from another forum member and really like them. Check out their installation video Tesla Model 3 2017+

Bottom line up front: go with the Rokblokz splash guards.

Had the Basenor and just switched to the Rokblokz splash guards. The Basenor versions will damage your paint if you don’t use PPF and they trapped a lot of debris behind them. I was quite surprised at how much debris got between the flap and the fender. Of course I used PPF and when I peeled the PPF off, guess what…yeah, some of that high quality Tesla paint came off. Super happy about that. The Rokblokz are a simpler design, don’t require PPF, and looks like they will do a better job keeping debris away from the car. And in my opinion, they look better/less obtrusive.

For those who used the EV Mudflaps, did you put a screw into your rear bumper as the install video shows?

not sure what the ev mudflaps are - for the chinese ones you dont need to do it for the rear as they kinda clip on and stay very secure (even without ANY screws). The front ones you technically need to but i just put felt tape on the inside so they dont rub the clearcoat off which makes them secure enough with the felt tape friction.

not sure what the ev mudflaps are - for the chinese ones you dont need to do it for the rear as they kinda clip on and stay very secure (even without ANY screws). The front ones you technically need to but i just put felt tape on the inside so they dont rub the clearcoat off which makes them secure enough with the felt tape friction.
Which ones are the Chinese ones?

Bottom line up front: go with the Rokblokz splash guards.

Had the Basenor and just switched to the Rokblokz splash guards. The Basenor versions will damage your paint if you don’t use PPF and they trapped a lot of debris behind them. I was quite surprised at how much debris got between the flap and the fender. Of course I used PPF and when I peeled the PPF off, guess what…yeah, some of that high quality Tesla paint came off. Super happy about that. The Rokblokz are a simpler design, don’t require PPF, and looks like they will do a better job keeping debris away from the car. And in my opinion, they look better/less obtrusive.

Do they make them specifically for the MY?