Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Murphy's Law Jack Pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• D4898406-D603-4F76-976B-F70F53474142.jpeg.jpg
    D4898406-D603-4F76-976B-F70F53474142.jpeg.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
I just got my set of 4 jack pads, thanks so much- can’t wait to use them in a couple upcoming projects. Is there any safe way to put the car on traditional jack stands? I really don’t like working on the car with it on a Jack only....

Also, thanks for the surprise giveaway! This will be going to my office and put to good use!

891C3905-39E5-42BC-A50C-6A9A6F7A6A39.jpeg

I just got my set of 4 jack pads, thanks so much- can’t wait to use them in a couple upcoming projects. Is there any safe way to put the car on traditional jack stands? I really don’t like working on the car with it on a Jack only....

Also, thanks for the surprise giveaway! This will be going to my office and put to good use!

View attachment 533923
No go on the jack stands, with the limited space to lift the car from this is not like any other vehicle. I tell people to do one side at a time amd use two floor jacks if your going to do wheel swaps or caliper painting etc. it’s much safer that way. There is no product other than the $1k jack stands that can lift both sides and Tesla techs have warned me against that also. They have said they’ve seen some problems as the car is so haves and it doesn’t take much to jar it off the pedestal. Safety first.

God you like the pen holder.

Well three years ago when i started making tire service tools for the Tesla models I didn't think it would be an endeavor that would last this long but luckily it did as it helped my roadside assistance company thru some hard financial times. I recently produced the 10,000 unit and sent it out as a surprise to a great customer. So many things I've learned over these three years, things i would have never gotten into without this venture and I'm a better person and business owner for it.
This corona virus has devoured many businesses and it looks like my jack pad business may be its next victim, sales have almost fallen off 95% and producing them as I've dine since the first I've done all myself apart from the cutting of the rubber pieces. Im not sure how much longer ill be manufacturing these at this rate and sadly I've set my sales at a break even price point just to get some funds back out of what I've already produced.
If/when i do stop selling i ill have a few dozen put aside for any warranty issues. I would like to thank the Tesla community for its steadfast belief in my products and support of my small business.
I am running a 30% off sale shortly so get them while there on their last sale.

Thank you
James Williford

Reactions: RoBoRaT