Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifting Jack Pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It ultimately depends on how pristine you want to keep it vs how particular you are when it comes to doing things the “right” way.

Can you use a jack with rough exposed metal? Sure, but it’ll scrape up the contact area.

Can you use any rubbery/soft flat pad? Sure, no problem.

Do you need a pad with the nipple to slot into those point? Nope, it just makes aligning the jack a little easier. Put the pad it first and then you’ll know where to line up the jack.

But if you’re a person that pays attention and doesn’t just haphazardly does things, as long as the jack has a non-marring contact surface, it’s fine.

edit:

I just checked the link... I bought those pucks! I did it cause it definitely is easier to line up the jack... plus, I'm missing the rubber inserts on my jacks. I know two of them got sliced in half by the pinch weld of the Honda HR-V I had. Apparently it was just so heavy that the weight cause the 1/4" (or 1/2"?) pinch weld bend to still act like a knife and shear through the rubber.

One problem I just remembered. I don't have enough clearance to use the pucks (sat on the jack or inserted first) with my 3 ton floor jack. So I have to use my smaller, 2-1/2 ton floor jack. Maybe I'll look around for another puck that's thin enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: ven7782