Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music over headphones on Highland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I meant rear screen.

I think you’ve misunderstood me. The headphones are for passengers in the rear seat, but I can’t get MUSIC to play through the headphones. I can get Netflix and YouTube to play but not music.

Should MUSIC play through the headphones?

I just found some bluetooth headphones to pair to my new M3 LR 2024 collected in Wednesday. From the rear screen it seems only the Theatre options managed independently from the rear screen play sound to the headphones. The Media options have limited controls from the rear screen but seem to play to the speakers generally for all passengers, not separately to the rear bluetooth connection. This is the same as Pagemakers. Unless I am missing something, I would say music does NOT play through bluetooth at the rear.

Is there not an option on main screen of where to direct audio on both screens? My son and I were playing around with it on the test drive and could isolate music in the rear on rear speakers, assuming same could be done with headphones?

I've always wondered why the legality issues like the post above and yours about not using headphones in cars. High end cars (Bently comes to mind) and Teslas to some limited extent try to sound isolate the interior from the outside which accomplishes the same thing as wearing headphones. So in the end whats the difference?

Active noise canceling in vehicles mostly cancels out consistent droning noising such as engine or tire noises. Things like horns and sirens are largely not blocked. Using headphones to play loud music ... ahem ... will have a much greater affect on blocking traffic awareness noises. It's important for drivers to use all their senses to be aware of their surroundings while operating a 2+ ton vehicle.

Active noise canceling in vehicles mostly cancels out consistent droning noising such as engine or tire noises. Things like horns and sirens are largely not blocked. Using headphones to play loud music ... ahem ... will have a much greater affect on blocking traffic awareness noises. It's important for drivers to use all their senses to be aware of their surroundings while operating a 2+ ton vehicle.
And yet, deaf people are allowed to drive...

And yet, deaf people are allowed to drive...

They also let color blind people drive, and people with low vision. They also let people who no arms, or no legs, or one eye, or reduced cognitive abilities ... But all these examples give the driver reduced ability to operate their vehicle. Why would you voluntarily take away some of your ability to drive your vehicle reliably?

As it's such a good idea.

I wonder if Tesla have deliberately held back on streaming concurrent music streams to passengers headphones independently. Possibly some licensing constraint within their relationship with Spotify, Apple Music etc. Currently it's one device means one stream, the car counts as just one device.

They also let color blind people drive,
Not sure why they shouldn't.
and people with low vision.
No they don't

They also let people who no arms, or no legs, or one eye, or reduced cognitive abilities ... But all these examples give the driver reduced ability to operate their vehicle. Why would you voluntarily take away some of your ability to drive your vehicle reliably?
Because the inability to hear doesn't impact on driving enough to make it unsafe. Playing music in your car reduces your ability to hear external sounds. Why would you voluntarily take away some of your ability to drive your vehicle reliably just to listen to music?