Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Music solution for Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to Tesla and currently awaiting a M3P so I'm trying to understand some changes that I'm currently used to in my ICE vehicle - the three things I live off of are SiriusXM, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Music. My understanding that Tesla does not have Sirius XM or Apple Carplay. What is the best solution for utilizing these 3 apps? Playing through my phone while connected to the car via bluetooth like its 2010?? (lol I jk). Is there any way to download apps to the vehicle or is everything pre-loaded with no downloading capability?

Playing through my phone while connected to the car via bluetooth like its 2010??

You can do it this way, and this is what Tesla would suggest for the most part.

Apple music is available on the Tesla interface, provided you pay for premium connectivity. If you dont want to pay for premium connectivity, you will be falling back to bluetooth to connect it as above.

s there any way to download apps to the vehicle or is everything pre-loaded with no downloading capability?
No, there is no way to download apps to the native interface. What is there is what is there. Some people will use a third party hardware solution to use carplay, and others will use the web browser while they drive to use third party websites.

I dont use either of those so cant speak to them (but there are threads on both here).

Reactions: Soul Surfer