Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sometimes playing currently song in the Apple Music in-app follows the screen, and sometimes it doesn't.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The screen sometimes scrolls along the point of the currently playing song in my playlist of Apple Music, which operates as an in-app in Tesla,
but sometimes stays at the top without following the current song.

Are there any operating conditions, or I want to know if it's just an error.

I've noticed it doing this mainly on the first song after I get in the car. The work around I found is to make it play the previous song. This works most of the time. I find it weird that Apple Music can remember what it previously played, but not what is next up.

I've noticed it doing this mainly on the first song after I get in the car. The work around I found is to make it play the previous song. This works most of the time. I find it weird that Apple Music can remember what it previously played, but not what is next up.
Playing the previous song didn't solve the problem, and even if I changed the column shift to P and then to D, it wouldn't scroll to the currently playing song unless it worked once.

I don't use Apple Music (I'm a Spotify guy) but the in-car music apps aren't the greatest in terms of integration. For example, with Spotify, if I switch to another audio source, then go back to Spotify, it doesn't pick up where I left off. It goes to the very beginning of my playlist, alphabetical by artist name. And to play it in shuffle mode, I have to first play a song, then open up the card while that song is playing and select the shuffle option. Seems like I should be able to just hit 'shuffle' from the start, like on my iPhone app. Occasionally, when I've been driving for several hours straight, the audio will switch to the next song while the previous one is still displayed on the card and the completion bar continues to move along...

... And to play it in shuffle mode, I have to first play a song, then open up the card while that song is playing and select the shuffle option. Seems like I should be able to just hit 'shuffle' from the start, like on my iPhone app. ...
I have to correct this - I noticed yesterday that there IS a shuffle play icon now - not sure if that's a new addition or not. So now I CAN play on shuffle right from the start, which is good.....