Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: $35,000 Model 3 would cost $38,000 to make right now.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't know if it'll be 1Q19 or not, but when SR makes its debut, your configuration likely will be among the first to be produced.

I was like you, holding out for the SR with PUP, but after waiting 2.75 years and fielding countless inquiries from friends and family about when I will finally get my Tesla, I jumped at the MR as soon as it was announced. I'm usually a patient man, but patience has its limits at my age. ;)

Unfortunately, something financial that is out of my control came up. I’m incredibly bummed (and I’ll ultimately spend more of my own money with the tax credit loss) but I have to wait for 6 months. I’m sick over it. Although I will be able to save more for EAP.

Unfortunately, something financial that is out of my control came up. I’m incredibly bummed (and I’ll ultimately spend more of my own money with the tax credit loss) but I have to wait for 6 months. I’m sick over it. Although I will be able to save more for EAP.
Sorry to hear that. Given that by the time the SR comes out, you'll only be missing out on $3,750 or even $1,750 in tax credit. Not chump change by any means, but less painful than missing out on $7,500 if, instead, you had to forgo ordering an LR or MR model scheduled for delivery this year.

Sorry to hear that. Given that by the time the SR comes out, you'll only be missing out on $3,750 or even $1,750 in tax credit. Not chump change by any means, but less painful than missing out on $7,500 if, instead, you had to forgo ordering an LR or MR model scheduled for delivery this year.
Depending on what you're driving now, if it is already pretty well depreciated then your lost tax credit will be largely offset by the fact that you're not eating depreciation on Model 3 during those same months between now and when you do take delivery of your Model 3 down the road. Silver lining I hope.