Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Holiday easter egg not starting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have taken the car back to the service center about 4-5 times for the problem and they have done a variety of things- most of the time the car seems to detect an false obstruction and stops the show and beeps and errors out. So they have repositioned and replaced the door sensors, and repositioned the door and it works for a while and then stops. Most of the problem seems to be on the driver’s side FWD and I have found that it stops at the beginning of the second stanza when the door unlatches and starts to rise. Rarely does it happen on the passenger side.

What I have done is position myself behind the driver’s side FWD and when the second stanza starts and the door pops open, I gently pry the door up and it seems to overcome excess resistance and both doors then rise and the show goes on. If the neighbor kids want to see the car “dance” I position one at each door and show them how to gently pull up on both sides and then run to the front to watch the show. There is nothing like audience participation to enhance the show.

Mike P
I can confirm the trick of @mbp11 works most of the time. It is a life saver when you really want "show-time".

Reactions: ModelX