Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX NOT turning on, doors won’t open, can’t get in!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016 MX VIN -17xxx, and when I tried to get into the car this AM, it’s completely unresponsive. Tried both keyfobs and doors remain locked with black screen. Tried mobile app and said “vehicle connection error.”

Called Roadside and they said my vehicle has been “offline” for 9hours and he’s heard of other X/S’ having this problem where the computer just died.

They’re sending a tow truck to tow to service center.

Anyone else have this problem?!

I have a 2016 MX VIN -17xxx, and when I tried to get into the car this AM, it’s completely unresponsive. Tried both keyfobs and doors remain locked with black screen. Tried mobile app and said “vehicle connection error.”

Called Roadside and they said my vehicle has been “offline” for 9hours and he’s heard of other X/S’ having this problem where the computer just died.

They’re sending a tow truck to tow to service center.

Anyone else have this problem?!

Nope, but my car just got the second update in 24 hours. I wonder if there was a "oh sh&%&%t" bug that went out.

Would love to hear confirmation from OP if it was the 12V battery.

My X is two years old and I’m thinking, to be safe, I’ll make sure Tesla replaces it when I take it in for the Year 3 service next summer. Let’s hope I don’t have an issue before then! :)

Would love to hear confirmation from OP if it was the 12V battery.

My X is two years old and I’m thinking, to be safe, I’ll make sure Tesla replaces it when I take it in for the Year 3 service next summer. Let’s hope I don’t have an issue before then! :)
July 2016, 91,618km, requested SC twice for 12V battery replacement, they checked and said battery is good, will not replace proactively.

Has anyone switched their 12v for the lithium DIY version out there? My car just went past the 50k warranty and was thinking of doing that myself to avoid potentially having this issue and to avoid frequently replacing every 2-3 years

Has anyone switched their 12v for the lithium DIY version out there? My car just went past the 50k warranty and was thinking of doing that myself to avoid potentially having this issue and to avoid frequently replacing every 2-3 years

That's my plan. Mine went bad and was replaced at about 4k miles. I'm thinking it's gonna be like replacing the impeller on the water pump on an outboard motor.....it's something you do regularly whether it needs it or not.

Just had mine replaced too, yeah time was wasted and i was upset that the roadside assistance person did nkt have the foresight to nktice that my car or imwould nkt make it to the SC befoe they closed..

After the tow truck made it through traffic (~80 mins) to me, we jumped the car, i was able to drive it home, and i was stranded the following morning to take it to SC.

Roadside was able to get a mobile tech to come over, and i was very pleased he got a new 12V in in about 20 mins!