Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2022 MX Driver Door Stuck Halfway Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
Looking for some help, recently on occasion our 2022 MX driver door will open part way and get stuck. If you try to push it open or closed it feels like you are going to break it. Pressing the break, does nothing,Press the screen button does nothing. Press the fob does nothing. You have to keep pushing hard to get it to move. Anyone have this issue and do you know a resolution?

never had it but sounds like same behavior when u have no power to self presenting door motors
maybe motor dying n cuts power?..
easiest way is to pop the motor arm from the ball bracket, can do it with a small pry bar or flat head screwdriver
i did this when working on the car without power, cause it also felt like i'll break the door if i just force it open/close with motor attached

Looking for some help, recently on occasion our 2022 MX driver door will open part way and get stuck. If you try to push it open or closed it feels like you are going to break it. Pressing the break, does nothing,Press the screen button does nothing. Press the fob does nothing. You have to keep pushing hard to get it to move. Anyone have this issue and do you know a resolution?
Does it do this if you are out in the open with nothing next to you? Mine (2017) shows/feels resistance after being open 8 " while in the garage near a wall. It "relaxes" after 5 seconds tho.

We have had this car for over a year, same locations and habits. Just started a couple weeks ago. But I will look to see if the door sees anything. Here is a video of another car doing exactly the same thing.
As you can see it won't close or do anything from the car software

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200