Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 19” Winter Tire Package in stock?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is ridiculous. I lamented in another thread about how Inefficient the buy-an-expensive-car-via-text model is. I’m in the process of trading my M3 for a MY. I simply want to know if the winter tire package is in stock. I want to get it and have it installed the same day I pick up the car.

The “team” on the other end of my texting is worthless and not responding. The Tesla website says to use the app. There is a small QR code that my phone won’t even recognize. I had to take a screenshot, and then blow it up. When I finally get on the app, it says I don’t own a compatible car so it’s not even going to tell me if it’s in stock because they won’t let me buy it anyway. Ludicrous!

Can any of you Model Y 19” owners tell me if it’s in stock to ship to anywhere near Boston (02445)? Much appreciated!

I knew that this package was out of stock about 2 weeks ago (I don't need the winter tires but I did need the wheels, and the price of the whole package is less than 4 Gemini replacement rims).

I just went to the app, opened the shop and added it to my cart with no problems. This is clearly different than it was before because it said out of stock and could not be added. I did not enter a Massachusetts Service Center or billing address; I don't think that would present any problem but I stopped at that point and emptied the cart.

Thanks. I still can't get over the fact that 1) Tesla requires me to buy a $52k car over an app and via text. 2) Tesla doesn't staff the texting adequately so the texting is simply an exercise in frustration. 3) The app knows I bought a MY, but doesn't pass that info along to the store part of the app. 4) The website refers you to the app via an inadequately small QR code that must be copied into another document and blown up to be recognized.

Come on, Elon! You can fly a space ship to Mars, but you can't get this stuff right? Argh.