Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2016 Tesla Model S 75D story - purchased June 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@SilverGS

l appreciate your sharing

I am thinking of getting a used model s.

if you buy from Tesla you still get free supercharging ? I thought it stopped. I see you got it last year.
Any options is a must “have” based on your ownership.

I have a model 3 Already.
I am in no rush. It will be second ev.

thanks.
I got free supercharging with mine last year, however they don't offer that any more on the used cars they are selling. Have you looked at the cars Tesla has for sale recently? None of them have any free supercharging - New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

@SilverGS thanks for sharing the tip. I got the uncorking process done and I see a huge difference!
Awesome! The difference is unbelievable. From a complete stop, unless you're measuring the time it takes to get to 60 MPH, its not that noticeable. However from 20 - 40 MPH, if you floor it, you head is pushed back hard into the headrest and the car launches forward really hard now. The car never behaved like that prior to the Uncorking.

Good for you.

How much Tesla charge you?

@rjElec
I wasn't charged anything to get mine uncorked.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I got free supercharging with mine last year, however they don't offer that any more on the used cars they are selling. Have you looked at the cars Tesla has for sale recently? None of them have any free supercharging - New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Yes I know you don't get free supercharging anymore. I was wondering about yours.
Looks like you got yours almost at the cut off time.

Yes I did check the Tesla site. Some cars photos are pretty bad, lots of damages.. scratches plastic damages..etc..

Thanks

Yes I know you don't get free supercharging anymore. I was wondering about yours.
Looks like you got yours almost at the cut off time.

Yes I did check the Tesla site. Some cars photos are pretty bad, lots of damages.. scratches plastic damages..etc..

Thanks
Yeah, I got mine just in time! Regarding the used cars that Tesla sells, you're right its hit and miss. Just keep looking and something decent will come along. Mine turned out absolutely amazing. Just a couple of minor scratches that I was able to buff out (except one on the rear bumper).

Main reason why I got mine from Tesla was the warranty - additional 4 years and 80K km on top of what was still left from the warranty that the first buyer got. I suspect it has already paid off as I got the faint rattling sound coming from the front suspension. Tesla replaced the front suspension control modules - not sure what that was worth, but I'm sure it wasn't chump change.

I was finally able to sell my ICE car that I replaced with the Model S. 18 long years of fun and modding! Got the car almost brand new back in 2003. Couldn't sell it last year when I got my Tesla as the right buyer didn't come along. Yesterday a very young car enthusiast in his twenties bought it sight unseen. Here is a video as the car leaves my driveway for the last time never to return. Brought a tear to my eyes as the car was my "baby". :)

Turn up the volume on your phone or PC to hear the rumbling V8 exhaust.

I was finally able to sell my ICE car that I replaced with the Model S. 18 long years of fun and modding! Got the car almost brand new back in 2003. Couldn't sell it last year when I got my Tesla as the right buyer didn't come along. Yesterday a very young car enthusiast in his twenties bought it sight unseen. Here is a video as the car leaves my driveway for the last time never to return. Brought a tear to my eyes as the car was my "baby". :)

Turn up the volume on your phone or PC to hear the rumbling V8 exhaust.

Sweet! Looks like he may need that spoiler. ;)

• Love
Reactions: SilverGS
I've had my Model S for just over a year now. Nothing has broken so far and the fun factor and honeymoon hasn't worn off one bit! Some new shots
Tesla75D_125.jpg

Reactions: DirtyT3sla