Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

My 2018 Tesla White Model 3 Build Journal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to start a build journal, feel free to follow and enjoy the ride with me.

2018 Tesla White Model 3
- Mid Range RWD
- Black Interior
- Enhanced Autopilot

Take delivery late December just beating the fed $7500 credit deadline, hewwww. If you been following, my home delivery experience was awful. Long story short: 15mins and sales associates left.... didn't explain much and told me everything is on youtube LOL!

I was looking for all sort of reason to drive this car as soon as I take delivery. Xmas break come, big sur here we come!

IMG_3539.jpg

During the trip, the sun is just too bright along the way. A tint must be done, so i go to my usual tint spot - California Auto Tinting in Campbell, CA. Bob is super professional, whole crew is just top notch, this will be the 6th car they tinted for me.

I chose my usual medium thru out the car including the rear window. Let me share couple of in progress photos.... model 3 should come tinted!!!

IMG_3711.jpg
IMG_3712.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dre78
C0EEC850-CA23-4E21-AAF7-BD61E7DDB4D6.jpeg

Got mine done at mum sports in Fremont. They do model 3s daily. Super fair price. Want to say it was around $500

Thx Omar

Bob from California Auto Tint in Campbell has a solution for slowing down potentially triangle window breakin. It won’t 100% prevent it but it will slow down the breakin (from 5 sec to 30 sec possibly) and hopefully turn the thief away for minimal damage. It’s an extra invisible protective film outside of the car on the triangle window.

Went to Santa Clara Service Center to fix a few things after 1 month, share with you guys to see if you guys have that issue also.

- Driver side mirror cap not line up
- chrome trim on driver side not line up
- door trim on rear passenger side not done correctly

They fixed all these in 30 mins, very friendly staff and very efficient work. I am glad their service center is top notch, not like delivery experience.