Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Liftgate damaged, delaying delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
Anyone experience with this turn of bad luck? I was supposed to take delivery of the MY 12/6 (ordered in 9/1). Got the dreaded call the day before from a local TA saying they had to push back delivery by a day since the delivery truck was delayed. Not a problem, but the day of delivery they called me again (you dont want a call from Tesla on delivery date). According to the TA, the liftgate was damaged during delivery... they promised me pictures and they never sent them. They did not even offer to take delivery now and fix later, or give me another VIN. They said they have to replace the lift gate. They keep pushing back delivery every week, saying the parts are on back-order and they will update me as soon as they have more information. I guess my question is, anyone experience something similar? It sucks being left out in the dark here. Just now I checked the app and it was asking me to complete the pre-delivery lending agreement which now has a delivery date range of 12/21 - 12/25...

It also doesn't set me at ease that I've gotten emails from three separate TAs giving me differing information besides 'sorry for the delay, part on back-order, will know soon'. One emailed me yesterday saying delivery had to be pushed back to...."12/3".

Demand another car. Clearly that's not the right car for you. Maybe it will take weeks though but the first match should be yours. Tesla customer service is non existent so good luck!
Ok. I will wait until the end of the week and weigh my options. If I keep the same VIN, and when delivery eventually happens, I will go over that car with a fine tooth comb.

And as I was writing this a local TA called me...they want to push delivery to 12/31, they still have no ETA on the needed parts. Sigh.

I told him I was open to a different exterior color (Order was for a White on White with the larger black wheels, the Panda configuration🐼). TA said that opens up some options but no guarantee that something may open up, and since the costs of the cars have gone up, they can't guarantee they can offer a different VIN at the same cost....

This is a fiasco.

Ok. I will wait until the end of the week and weigh my options. If I keep the same VIN, and when delivery eventually happens, I will go over that car with a fine tooth comb.

And as I was writing this a local TA called me...they want to push delivery to 12/31, they still have no ETA on the needed parts. Sigh.

I told him I was open to a different exterior color (Order was for a White on White with the larger black wheels, the Panda configuration🐼). TA said that opens up some options but no guarantee that something may open up, and since the costs of the cars have gone up, they can't guarantee they can offer a different VIN at the same cost....

This is a fiasco.

Illogical nonsense from Tesla. The Y is the same to the buyer. They need to fulfill their contract with you. Nevermind anyone else.

This is a fiasco.
Say you are not going to accept the damaged car. Discussing color etc., to avoid rejecting the damaged car makes their problem your problem. If you can't reject, put your delivery on hold. It will go to some one else. Release the hold in January by when your damaged car would go to some other sucker.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman