Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY LR - help me with Tire/Wheel combo match

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GOVA

Mr Gumble
Jul 12, 2013
yes
I wanto get the following to replace stock Geminis on my MYLR.

PIRELLI SCORPION AS PLUS 3 255/55R18
AND
ENKEI TUNING RAIJIN 18x8 Offset: 40mm

Don't know much about this kind of stuff. Looking to soften the ride a bit by going 18".

Any other options you recommend?

While it’ll probably fit, it’ll also be a bigger diameter than stock and that’ll throw off the speedometer (and odometer). Stock diameter would be 255/50/18. In case you didn’t know.

I recently replaced my stock wheels with 19x8 +35 Enkei PX-10 with 255/45/19 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ tires, which puts the tire and wheel face at about where the old wheel face was, but pushes the tires out a bit, because the original wheels were 9.5“/10.5” (MYP).

My goal was to make the face flat, but I ended up making it slightly concave instead. This might be why it moved quite a bit, side to side, on the highway the other day. Not sure on that though.

• Informative
Reactions: GOVA
While it’ll probably fit, it’ll also be a bigger diameter than stock and that’ll throw off the speedometer (and odometer). Stock diameter would be 255/50/18. In case you didn’t know.

I recently replaced my stock wheels with 19x8 +35 Enkei PX-10 with 255/45/19 Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06+ tires, which puts the tire and wheel face at about where the old wheel face was, but pushes the tires out a bit, because the original wheels were 9.5“/10.5” (MYP).

My goal was to make the face flat, but I ended up making it slightly concave instead. This might be why it moved quite a bit, side to side, on the highway the other day. Not sure on that though.
But your aloe protecting the rim with the tire extending past the rim is what everyone wants to avoid curb damage.