Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 (Lowered + Wheels + Painted Brake Calipers)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some pics of my Model 3. The wheels are Custom 3 Piece Wheels made by SSR (Speed Star Racing) in Japan that I just had powdercoated Winter Silver. I'm running 20x9 in the front and 20x10.5 in the rear. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245/35 on the front and 285/30 in the rear. The car is lowered on Unplugged Performance Springs. I Just had the brake calipers painted and still waiting for more parts. Hope you guys enjoy! I'll have some better pics soon.

nt6M

nXi2

fb7R

cmKE

oBJi

Looks great! Are those moderate or low springs?

I actually bought both the low and moderate set because I thought I'd be unhappy with the uneven drop (rear looking lower). What resulted in the perfect combination was running the Low springs in the front and the Moderate springs in the rear. The drop is dead even now and I can't say the ride quality has been negatively affected by running this combination.

Reactions: juanmedina
Nicely done , SSR old school jdm

Looks great!

It has a nice mix of modern styling with a hint of throwback reminiscent of the import tuner scene of the 90s

Those have got to be the lowest springs I've seen so far on the 3.

Thanks guys! I love old school JDM and always thought a fusion of both old and new always came out really nice.

And hasn't UP came out with SUPER LOW springs??? lol

I actually bought both the low and moderate set because I thought I'd be unhappy with the uneven drop (rear looking lower). What resulted in the perfect combination was running the Low springs in the front and the Moderate springs in the rear. The drop is dead even now and I can't say the ride quality has been negatively affected by running this combination.

Wow, you bought both sets? Did you by chance call unplugged to see if they could do a custom set with low front rear moderate? Wondering if it's worth a shot at least

Nice! Also looks like you have spacers but can’t be sure. If so what size?

Thanks! Offsets are +24 in the front and +38 (+43 with a 5mm spacer) in the rear. Only spacer is the 5mm in the rear.

Wow, you bought both sets? Did you by chance call unplugged to see if they could do a custom set with low front rear moderate? Wondering if it's worth a shot at least

I didn't at the time but I'm sure it's worth a shot to call. I ordered my springs back in April and didn't want to wait any longer so I ordered both sets.

I didn't at the time but I'm sure it's worth a shot to call. I ordered my springs back in April and didn't want to wait any longer so I ordered both sets.

Yep, I'll give it a shot. For your extras, maybe there's someone that really likes the rake look and will pay to take the odd set off your hands. :confused:

PS:
1. Is yours a 3D, P3D, P3D+ etc?
2. Did you have to get the fenders rolled at all?
3. How did you address the Tesla logo on the calipers? Just add some overlays under the clear coat?

Last edited:
Yep, I'll give it a shot. For your extras, maybe there's someone that really likes the rake look and will pay to take the odd set off your hands. :confused:

PS:
1. Is yours a 3D, P3D, P3D+ etc?
2. Did you have to get the fenders rolled at all?
3. How did you address the Tesla logo on the calipers? Just add some overlays under the clear coat?

3D, fenders are untouched and overlays under clear coat.

3D, fenders are untouched and overlays under clear coat.

Cool, thx for the info! PS - here's the response I got from UP:

You shouldn't have any issues with rake. Any issues in the past have all been corrected. We do not recommend mixing and matching springs because they we have designed each set to be used with a specific spring rate. You are getting newly developed springs that are designed for the AWD platform. We should have these ready to ship in about 5 weeks.

Please be assured that you do not have to worry about the rake being different.

Has anyone heard of "FlightShield" coating for cars. My father in law recommended it but I know nothing about it.

Flightshield Automotive and Marine

Slightly off-topic, but it looks like ceramic or a similar product. If you're not familiar, just google 'auto ceramic coating'. Lots of very high-quality variants on the market.

Reactions: windgrins

You shouldn't have any issues with rake. Any issues in the past have all been corrected. We do not recommend mixing and matching springs because they we have designed each set to be used with a specific spring rate. You are getting newly developed springs that are designed for the AWD platform. We should have these ready to ship in about 5 weeks.

Slightly off-topic, but it looks like ceramic or a similar product. If you're not familiar, just google 'auto ceramic coating'. Lots of very high-quality variants on the market.
Thanks, that's helpful!

I'm sure they developed another set for the AWD model but as for all the RWD models I've seen, I left the solution and the final decision in my hands. I'm not publicly informing others to do it or recommend others to take my approach but I do take full responsibility for running this set-up and it resulted in exactly what I wanted.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to share some pics of my Model 3. The wheels are Custom 3 Piece Wheels made by SSR (Speed Star Racing) in Japan that I just had powdercoated Winter Silver. I'm running 20x9 in the front and 20x10.5 in the rear. Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245/35 on the front and 285/30 in the rear. The car is lowered on Unplugged Performance Springs. I Just had the brake calipers painted and still waiting for more parts. Hope you guys enjoy! I'll have some better pics soon.

Great looking car! Especially love the wheels. Never heard of SSR until I saw this post. How much do they weigh?