Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 SR+ has Heated Seats in the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It Tesla were able to keep the different software configurations straight on a car-by-car basis, it would be great to let customers choose (at the time of purchase--if I'm only partly dreaming in technicolor) between either the fog lights or the heated rear seats, particularly as both of those are some pretty basic creature comforts in this day and age. Who knows, it might even bring in an extra customer or two for the SR+, and I can't imagine doing that would take away any sales of the AWD. The price differential is just too great (at least in Canada?) between the two models, and, let's face it, the folks who are going to go for the full pull to the get the full "premium" interior aren't going to suddenly decide on an SR+ because they had a choice between fog lights and heated rear seats. It just seems chintzy/cheesy of Tesla to intentionally remove something as basic as what we're talking about when the hardware is (presumably--at least in light of the Chat with the Rep above and winter not quite here) already installed.

They could include a heated steering wheel as well ))
105438875-1536336503523screen-shot-2018-09-07-at-12.07.32-pm.jpg

Why is anyone wasting their time asking chat or Tesla in general about the heated rear seats? We all know that SR+ are not SUPPOSED to have rear seat heaters. So if you don’t have them.. well I guess you got what you ordered. For the people that do have them enjoy them while you have them. We may have them forever, we may only have them a short while longer. I don’t think anyone who does have them now will be pissed if they get taken away in the future, but for people trying to get them active now who don’t have them with an SR+ you need to forget it. It’s not going to happen.

for people who don’t have them active... I would be curious if your bottom rear seat cushion has the wire connections/plug on both the left and right side...

• Disagree
Reactions: cadetsea
condescending rant

Good grief, I asked a CSR a simple question, it's not like I kicked your dog. Get off your high horse.

All SR+s have the wiring for heated rear seats, just like they all have fog lights. My rear seats physically heated up before that function was removed. They are disabled by software only, unlike the inactive speakers, which are physically present but are not wired to anything (though you can connect them yourself if you are handy: How-To - Guide: Model 3 SR+ aftermarket to enable speakers and subwoofer upgrade install).

Good grief, I asked a CSR a simple question, it's not like I kicked your dog. Get off your high horse.

All SR+s have the wiring for heated rear seats, just like they all have fog lights. My rear seats physically heated up before that function was removed. They are disabled by software only, unlike the inactive speakers, which are physically present but are not wired to anything (though you can connect them yourself if you are handy: How-To - Guide: Model 3 SR+ aftermarket to enable speakers and subwoofer upgrade install).

Whoa. Calm down. I was referring to people in general.. there’s been more than just you. However, I still stand by my feelings that you’re totally wasting your time contacting Tesla about it.

Also - a few definitions for you to consider

Condescending - having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority

patronizing - apparently kind or helpful but betraying a feeling of superiority

rant - speak or shout at length in a wild, impassioned way

None of which apply to anything I said.

Are you the only one allowed to chime in on the discussion? If your feelings get hurt that easy I would get off the internet.

• Disagree
Yikes. You've got a poor attitude, trdb.

Sure, if people are chatting in demanding extra features to be activated, that's not cool. But I don't think there's anything wrong with politely asking whether anything has changed, considering how common things shift with Tesla. That's what customer service agents are for. It's not a big deal in either case, it wouldn't take long for me to add a switch and manually activate the rear heated seats.

If you're going to get all huffy about somebody having the nerve to inquire, you should activate Autopilot. Because you clearly need help staying in your lane. :D

• Disagree
Reactions: trdb
Yikes. You've got a poor attitude, trdb.

Sure, if people are chatting in demanding extra features to be activated, that's not cool. But I don't think there's anything wrong with politely asking whether anything has changed, considering how common things shift with Tesla. That's what customer service agents are for.

If you're going to get all huffy about somebody having the nerve to inquire, you should activate Autopilot. Because you clearly need help staying in your lane. :D

I don’t think anyone has a poor attitude in here other than you. Using childish emojis doesn’t make it all better..

Anyways. Moving on. Enjoy the rest of your day.

• Funny