Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 SR+ has Heated Seats in the Back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the homelink installed this week and just checked mine. Rear heaters are now disabled too. I knew they weren't supposed to be active so no big deal.
Had the homelink installed this week and just checked mine. Rear heaters are now disabled too. I knew they weren't supposed to be active so no big deal.
:-(
I'm getting HomeLink installed this week. I'll bid the rear heated seats farewell.

Mine are gone too (expected) but so are my fog lights even though they were listed as part of the SR+ when I ordered. Has that happened to anyone else? Should I file a service request?

I lost my rear seat heaters on the last update. I went to Tesla right away to complain and I was told that they were not included. That they were working on a package to unlock features. No timeline was provided.

Fog lights are still there.... I’m so frustrated

I'm sad I lost this feature (even though I never paid for it and never used it). However looking on the bright side this shows that they have developed a way to enable and disable individual features without a software update. Maybe we'll see some a la carte feature pricing soon for the SR+ like enhanced communications (streaming audio, satellite maps, real-time traffic - this has been promised for a while), heated seats, etc.

With our kids on boosters I don't really care for the rear seats (although it was nice to have it for a month :) ) but I would appreciate heated steering wheel. Streaming music and real-time traffic would be nice to have and I am ready to pay for it about $100 Cad annually...

I use google music, and i get ad free youtube, so not sure if i will pay $100 for it.
The only thing i really dont like about my model is the sound system and the road noise. If they can unlock heated rear seats and enable the installed but disabled speakers for 500-1000$, i would likely go for it.

I use google music, and i get ad free youtube, so not sure if i will pay $100 for it.
The only thing i really dont like about my model is the sound system and the road noise. If they can unlock heated rear seats and enable the installed but disabled speakers for 500-1000$, i would likely go for it.
Not possible for them to enable the other speakers. They’re present but they’re terminated in the pins. The wiring doesn’t go anywhere.
If you want to do this you have to take it on yourself or go to an audio shop.

I truly think the whole activation of features thing people are talking about will never happen. I expect them to continually pick off SR+ features to try and entice buyers to go LR (like the recently removed fog lights).