Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3's AutoPilot tried to KILL me! (NEARLY)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AP is highly reliable if used properly ...I’m sure I can make use cases where it can “try to kill me” ...if intent of this video and post is to help users maybe a title of “AP has narrow field of vision ..” or something along those lines ...

I know autopilot isn’t designed for this. I clearly knew it wouldn’t work. What the purpose of the video was for was to educate others and bring it to their attention that as good as autopilot is, it’s not perfect and we shouldn’t rely on it fully without paying full attention. There’s many people out there that think it should drive for us. I’m just showing that we can’t depend on it.

I know autopilot isn’t designed for this. I clearly knew it wouldn’t work. What the purpose of the video was for was to educate others and bring it to their attention that as good as autopilot is, it’s not perfect and we shouldn’t rely on it fully without paying full attention. There’s many people out there that think it should drive for us. I’m just showing that we can’t depend on it.

How about making a more relevant title for this thread than if your intent was to “educate.”

Reactions: mtndrew1