Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Ordering Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even since my SIL let me drive her Model S I have been reading these forums and wanting a Model X. I have seen the price changes and the Raven changes.

So last Friday the 23rd I placed on order for an inventory Model X Performance. It was not exactly what I wanted but the closest I could find. I stewed about it all weekend because I knew I would seldom need or use the 2.7 0-60 acceleration of the Performance Model. So I wrote my salesman and had him cancel that order and move my deposit to a new Model X of the configuration I wanted, a LR, gray with white interior (wanted the carbon fiber but not at the 16K premium of the P model, and 6 seat interior. When thinking of the car for the last 6 months that is what I was driving.

So while filling out the registration and all I found that my birthday was off by 3 days. Figuring this could impact credit reports, etc. I called the help line. The referred me to a gentlemen in my nearest sales center named Mathew. He soon got the birthday fixed. A couple hours later I received a call from him saying he had located an inventory car in Orlando that was my exact configuration. He asked if I wanted it and after being assured it was a brand new model, not test drive or a show room, I said yes. So now I hope to get it next week or the week after. Delivery information said it could take up to ten days. for delivery to my house.

I got 3600 more from CarMax than Tesla was offering for my trade so all looks fine. Now I am just chasing down the VIN so I can call the insurance company, mine is USAA. When I last called them about insurance for the Performance Model X they indicated it would add only about 400 annually to my premium. Hoping that has not changed much.