Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Purchase/Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was one of the most exciting days of my life. I walked into the service center, viewed the Model 3 cars in stock, went to the bank to grab a cashiers check, paid for my car! A gift from my mom who passed away this past January. It means the world to me but it didn't come easy!

The team was amazing! From my test drive, to delivery was amazing!

My only frustration is that they have nothing in stock for accessories. No Home chargers, no adaptors for the Gen 2 mobile charger, no cap kit, no frunk carpet, no floor mats, no extra keys.

It never crossed my mind that they wouldn't have accessories available to purchase in store. :)

I made my accessories purchase on shop.tesla.com and I ordered my Gen 2 Adaptor I needed from eBay overnight. I drive 60 plus miles one way to work and my 4MPH charging off 110 is a little scary :) We do have a supercharger 22 miles away so I have as an option as well.

Overall, the car is like nothing I have ever had before. Im coming from a Nissan Altima so that prolly explains why I am blown away but its fantastic! It is so smooth!

Reactions: Mdoss
Congrats!

Considering Tesla doesn't really have any "stores" it isn't surprising they didn't have any accessories.

As for charging, if you haven't already download the Chargepoint app then do it. You should find that there are many more L2 charging locations you can use around your area. Some may even be free to charge. Granted not as fast as a Tesla SC but not as slow as 110v.

My only frustration is that they have nothing in stock for accessories. No Home chargers, no adaptors for the Gen 2 mobile charger, no cap kit, no frunk carpet, no floor mats, no extra keys.

I was prepared to buy a zippered and pullover "Tesla" hoodie on delivery day and someone on this forum mentioned my local Tesla Store didn't sell any accessories. I was disappointed, but at least the attached SC / Parts Dept had Tesla HPWCs for sale.