Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY radio not as good as M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been considering selling my M3 and getting a new MY. The radio in the MY does not seem to sound as good as in the M3.
I sat in a 2023 M3 on the the showroom floor and the radio sounded, to my old ears, just like the one in my 2018 M3. I test drove a My and sat in one one the showroom floor to listen to it’s radio as well. Neither of the MY radios sounded as good as the M3 radios.
The MY seemed to be lacking in tweeter response and had a much stronger base from the front speakers. The MY was like listening to a strong mid range radio rather than the more dynamic range of the M3. I adjusted the equalizer in the showroom MY which helped somewhat, but I could not retrieve the highs and suppress the base enough to replicate the sound of the M3 radios.
The Tesla rep in the showroom says they are the same radio. They don’t sound the same to me. Has anyone one else observed this? Have you actually compared the two, rather than getting a MY as your first Tesla and liking the sound?