Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My S75D Hit By Semi, Body Shop Fixed All In...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...record time of 6 weeks, 5 days. Or at least it seemed like record time for me anyway, ever since reading the horror story posts from others on here and on Youtube about how it took months (and at times even More months) to get their cars repaired.

All I know is I got hit June 21, had the car towed to a State Farm recommended body shop (Service King) which also happened to be one recommended by Tesla itself (damage too extensive for Tesla to handle, they said) and new parts seemingly began arriving in a matter of days, although in piecemeal shipments as they were produced. The Service King rep kept continual contact with me throughout with live phone calls and I felt I was being handled in a pleasantly expeditious manner.

When he called again and said the new car panels were all painted and they were just waiting on five more parts, I noticed it had only been a little over a month. Bear in mind the original damages list seemed to require literally hundreds of parts spanning several pages.

A couple weeks later he called again and informed me they were waiting on two more parts to arrive, and day before yesterday he called again to say one last part was in shipment and might arrive any day now.

Sure enough, yesterday he called and told me the car was done and in final cleanup, and if I wanted could I come down in about 30 minutes?

Needless to say a family member drove me down there immediately since I lived about 45 minutes away. The car was totally restored to how it was before the accident except for one missing plastic lug nut cover (I have the newer style twin turbine wheels of which two wheels had to be replaced) and they promptly ordered the lug cover for me on the spot.

The drive home was uneventful except for two low tire pressure warnings which I took care of as soon as I got back.

So I am once again back in NO DRVR's saddle, and things could not be (quite unexpectedly) better! Thanks Tesla. Thanks State Farm. And we will be buying another Tesla as soon as the Y (or maybe pickup) comes out!