Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla Model Y delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dh4123

Feb 27, 2020
I ordered a Model Y, specs below, on Feb. 1, 2020, and took delivery on 4/4/20.
- Midnight Silver Metallic
- Long Range AWD
- Black interior
- Full Self Driving
- Induction wheels

I live in Silicon Valley in CA. They called me to take delivery around beginning of March, but with the whole California shelter in place, I decided to hold off. They definitely wanted to deliver before April to count it as a Q1 delivery, but I wanted to wait due to safety concerns.
They were able to do a contactless delivery beginning April, which was great.
However, about two hours before the delivery 'time span window' they called me to tell me there was a safety restraint problem with the vehicle that was assigned to me. This was the VIN that I had been assigned for several weeks. Not a big deal, they texted me the new information, and then I had to forward to my insurance and bank for a loan modification.

The contactless delivery was great. They literally just dropped it off in front of my residence. I used the app to unlock, got the extra keys inside and had to sign paperwork in a prepaid FedEx envelope, and that was about it.

The car is great. It's basic, exactly like the Model 3 if you're familiar, but slightly taller and more space in back and in the frunk. With car seats in both back seats, I will say the headroom is lower than a Honda CR-V. The rear seat headrests also don't seem to go higher than one small step (a few inches at most). This makes putting the anchor belt from a car seat that can connect on the back side of the seat more difficult by having to go to the side, but it still works.

Nice touch...the upper portion of the center console has a rubber mat that will charge an iPhone. See the pic for the gray mat.

One of the door handles was a little too recessed compared to the other 3 which are completely flush, but I will make a service appointment in the future to fix that.

All in all, very happy with the vehicle.

IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2182.JPG IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2185.JPG IMG_2187.JPG IMG_2189.jpg IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2194.JPG IMG_2181.JPG IMG_2182.JPG IMG_2183.JPG IMG_2185.JPG IMG_2187.JPG IMG_2190.JPG IMG_2194.JPG