Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Tesla will drive me autonomously to the 2045 total solar eclipse in the US

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

After the thrill of experiencing totality in Oregon I am already planning for the next total solar eclipse that I can easily drive to. And that will be on August 12, 2045 when the path of the eclipse will pass through Northern California just 100 miles or so north of where I live near San Francisco. See Solar eclipse of August 12, 2045 - Wikipedia

My wife and I will only be 91 years old that year, and I am confident that whatever Tesla model we will own at that time (maybe an X 300Q? Quad motor) will be able to drive us autonomously to wherever we want to go to view the eclipse, and charge itself at the 400kW Superchargers without us touching anything. :cool: And our Tesla Model C camper trailer will unhitch itself, set itself up, and prepare our meals!

Or maybe we'll just take the Tesla flying car...

Mind if I tag along? I'll only be 81 :)
You youngster. Of course you can come along and help me with my walker. Oh wait, you are Archimedes, you would use a lever to move me out of my car into a good viewing position. :p

I plan on watching with a telescope from Mars. ;)
I will have a better viewing position than you, and I'll be warmer. ;)

You youngster. Of course you can come along and help me with my walker. Oh wait, you are Archimedes, you would use a lever to move me out of my car into a good viewing position. :p

I will have a better viewing position than you, and I'll be warmer. ;)
Who knows how awesome the telescopes will be by then! Maybe they'll do audio and I will see and hear the punny humans be amazed at the eclipse!