Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"My wetsuit is cold!"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not much fun to put on a damp, cold wetsuit when it's only 55 degrees out. So, I had the brilliant idea to heat up my wetsuit on the drive to the surf spot by putting it on the front seat and turning on the seat heater.

I put a towel under the suit (I didn't want to get the seat wet) and few more on top.

I said, "My wetsuit is cold," but nothing happened, so I manually turned the front passenger seat heater to high.

It didn't work, perhaps because there was a towel between the seat and wetsuit. Back to the drawing board.

I would try putting the wetsuit down in the footwell on the passenger side, then turn on heat and make sure the floor heat vent is on. You can also unsync the driver and passenger side temps, if you don't want hot air on your side. I would think a direct warm/hot air current would warm the wetsuit better than a heated seat, but that's just a theory floating in my head. Worth a try I guess.

Reactions: KenC
We take a thermos that holds about a gallon of warm/hot water and dump that in/on the wetsuit when you put it on. You can also do that after you have it on dumping some inside the suit to warm you up. It doesn't take much water and will stay warm in thermos for a long time. Beside that I would second the passenger floor with the heat on.