Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR How to save my climate control settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First of all congratulations to the genius engineer that thought putting the vent behind the steering wheel was a good idea. My fingers are freezing everytime I drive!

Anyway, to my question. When I drive alone, I like to have the climate control in auto, but then do some extra settings on top of that. I.e. turn on the front and rear passengers vents as well (It's just a preference guys, don't judge). Is there any way to save this setting/configuration so I don't have to repeat the actions every time I get in the car?

My rear goes on all the time. Then again, I have a car seat (sometimes two) mounted in it so it 'knows' there is a rear seat passenger.

As for cold hands, I'm in the other CA and don't have the heated steering wheel. I was royally pissed (didn't understand I was paying high-end price for a mid-range vehicle) but in fact that vent does work to keep my hands warm enough that I can drive without gloves on, which I have to do because the effing UI requires me to not have gloves on in order to manage things like defrost/heat, turn on the wipers when they don't work on auto, turn off the wipers when they won't stop sweeping when the windshield is dry, etc. etc.

Reactions: stavstavcc
Sounds like it
My rear goes on all the time. Then again, I have a car seat (sometimes two) mounted in it so it 'knows' there is a rear seat passenger.
Aha! May I should try putting a car seat in the back and one in the front :D Good idea :D
As for cold hands, I'm in the other CA and don't have the heated steering wheel. I was royally pissed (didn't understand I was paying high-end price for a mid-range vehicle) but in fact that vent does work to keep my hands warm enough that I can drive without gloves on, which I have to do because the effing UI requires me to not have gloves on in order to manage things like defrost/heat, turn on the wipers when they don't work on auto, turn off the wipers when they won't stop sweeping when the windshield is dry, etc. etc.
I know right? Drives so beautifully, gives you great economy, everything is great, but they have f* up so bad in making the cabin a nice place to be in

Aha! May I should try putting a car seat in the back and one in the front :D Good idea :D

I know right? Drives so beautifully, gives you great economy, everything is great, but they have f* up so bad in making the cabin a nice place to be in

You could try buckling the seat belts. I'm not sure if it need weight as well. Certainly weight triggers the rear seat sensors when we take out the child car seats and put in a cooler for a road trip!

I find the cabin worse as a passenger. When we got the car, there was a voice command icon I could press and then I could play with the system while my husband drove. That was removed during an UI update in the first year I had the car. The fact I now have to hit two buttons to open the glove box or ask my husband to voice command it for me, really pisses me off. Being right handed, and being in Canada with the pot-hole filled, frost broken pavement, holding my left arm steady to press the screen is really difficult for me. I swear the screen feels like it is slightly angled toward the driver although so slightly I can't see it, just feel it.

As an older driver, I hate how the very things I'm supposed to do for safe driving (hands on the wheel at 10 - 2, plus eyes on the road and scanning mirrors, using muscle memory and presets to handle audio and heating controls, and NEVER LOOK AT YOUR PHONE SCREEN) all get thrown out when driving a Tesla. If I'm in EAP or FSDb, I can't have both hands on the wheel (they balance out the torque so the screen kept flashing at me to put my hands on the wheel but I effing miss the warnings because I'm looking ahead at the road, not at the screen all the time), the rear view mirror is useless and muscle memory is useless because the UI keeps changing so even if I managed to memorize all the steps and hit the screen in the correct spot without staring at it, that accomplishment is likely to be moot in the next few months.

Reactions: stavstavcc