Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 windows opened/vented themselves this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found my car windows in the "vented" position as if that option was clicked in the app. Having checked back through my home security cameras I can see they were closed at 8:30 this morning, but open at 13:30 this afternoon. Unfortunately no motion set off the camera between those times to narrow it down. It's raining here, so the seats are pretty wet. I'm glad I spotted it fairly soon! I'll leave the climate on keep mode for a couple of hours to air the car & dry it out...

TeslaFi & TeslaMate both show the car has been asleep since Sunday evening except 08:36-08:52 this morning, so I guess it probably happened then. I'm 100% certain I didn't accidentally do it as I haven't even used my phone today, let alone the Tesla app... (I'm the only one with the app). I've logged a service request to have Tesla check the car over, just in case.

I don't see any additional info about extra logging in either app, does anyone know if there's a way to query the saved API data a bit more closely to see what may have triggered the windows to open?

I had the same happen once, only noticed when I was snow foaming the car 🤫 although thankfully I was paying a little attention so not too much ingress. I never got to the bottom of why, but triggered by water whilst washing is a suspicion - it was a one off (hopefully).

But investigating, IIRC I also found some comments relating to being caused by failure of interior cabin (or maybe puddle lights if fitted?). Not our scenario but maybe something to check.

Definitely used to be an issue with puddle lights I remember that story. Drove through a puddle and got water up the door seal and then something with the puddle lights made the windows vent. Would make sense given the glorious weather we are having right now.

Difficult to figure out unfortunately.

Reactions: MrBadger