Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

how to copy 5 seat profile to 7 seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a tesla profile with customized seat/mirror/steering positions for MYLR 5 passenger. Sometimes I drive with 7 passengers and like to adjust seat/mirror/steering but keep everything else the same. Is there a way to copy my 5 seat profile and name the new profile 7 seat?

I am able to create a new profile, but none of the settings are copied over and I have to manually set all of them.

I wanted to copy everything in the current profile, including seating/steering/mirror positions, chill/normal drive mode, sentry mode settings (e.g. exclude home), autopilot settings, favorites. Everything. However, on the new profile I have, it would be completely new, it would lock my car and engage sentry mode at home, it doesn't know where my home/work is and don't show any favorites.

What all are you wanting to copy? I was under the impression when you create a new profile it starts with the way everything is current set in the vehicle.
That's my thought too.

So first you open your profile for your 5 seat drives. Then create a 7 seat profile. Both should be identical at this point.

Then just customize and save what's different for your 7 seat profile.

I wonder what I am doing different.

I tested a few times with the same result. All I do is select my 5 seat profile, which is a Tesla profile with an email, select driver profile settings, and select add new driver, and I finally name the new profile.

and I finally name the new profile.
And saved it? Not sure this is necessary honestly but the "save" pop-up doesn't always appear depending on what you are changing. So to the above steps I'd add "move seat 1/4" to force save prompt, hit save". Seat movement seems to always prompt to save.

What settings are there when you do this that are not there when done?

After a new profile is created, it always pop up and tell me i can adjust steering and mirror i think. If I do make a minor change, i am given the option to save. Regardless of if I make any changes, hit the save or not, the issue remains and all settings defaults to factory setting. The most obvious setting that is not copied over is home/work and favorite addresses, but there are a lot more. For example, instead of my customized settings i changed in the 5 seat profile, new profiles all have autopilot set to traffic aware instead of autosteer (beta), speed limit set to fixed at 0 mph instead of 5 mph, lane departure avoidance set to off instead of assist etc, just to name a few.