Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR tire options for Gemini Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Iron

Jan 22, 2023
ATL
B0-E68-E66-1527-4-E97-9925-C5-BF0-C552689.jpg

I've only had my MYLR for little over a month, but I keep hearing how these Continentals on the Geminis wear down quicker than a pair of cheap flipflops. I believe it, cause the Contis that I had on my truck lasted only about 30K, whereas the Uniroyals before them lasted like 65K mi.

Anyway, the MY came with 235/45 R19. I went on Tirerack and the only option was 255/45-19 (or 255/40-20) for MY. They didn't even list 235s. Is anyone running this size that can comment on the fit and ride? How much of a range hit is it, going to the wider tires? What are the best tires you've found for this heavy car?

Oh and has anyone seen the prices on these (current) effers?

Continentals.jpg

Attachments

• Tirerack.jpg
    Tirerack.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
picture you posted shows 255/45 and that is the factory tire size. Should be a good amount of options. I have found they contis do okay but it depends on many factors including driving style and tire pressure maintenance to name a few. Rotating them regularly will extend the life of the set as the rears tend to wear faster.

picture you posted shows 255/45 and that is the factory tire size. Should be a good amount of options. I have found they contis do okay but it depends on many factors including driving style and tire pressure maintenance to name a few. Rotating them regularly will extend the life of the set as the rears tend to wear faster.
Well shoot, you're right. I was going off that pic (away from the car ATM) and it looked like 235. Time to get my eyes checked. So the rears wear faster, huh? That's different. Every car I've ever had (all ICE) wore the fronts quicker.

Well shoot, you're right. I was going off that pic (away from the car ATM) and it looked like 235. Time to get my eyes checked. So the rears wear faster, huh? That's different. Every car I've ever had (all ICE) wore the fronts quicker.
yeah, the model Y LR and P while dual motor AWD its the rear motor most of the time. The front motor only helps during moderate to hard acceleration or of there are traction issues. Rear motor also more powerful. I have Tsportline TSS 19s on mine with the factory Conti Pro contact RX tires. I also had them on my 21 LR. At 25k on the LR I still had 6/32 of tread left on the rears. They aren't going to last 70,000 miles under any circumstances just due to the fact that it is a heavy vehicle. Michelins are good too. I like these because they are LRR so I can get max range. If I step on it hard though the P will spin all four :cool:

Reactions: Iron