Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR vs. M3SR -- relative value?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We placed an MYLR order in early Feb. However, the net prices after taxes, destination fee, tax credits and state tax rebates for us are approximately:
MYLR: $60.5K (assumes $3750 fed'l tax rebate based on delivery timetable)
M3SR RWD: $39K (assumes quicker delivery & $7500 fed'l tax rebate)
There are of course many personal/individual considerations involved with this, however I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts about the value of each of these options from those who are familiar with both models. Are the longer range, greater cabin space/storage and AWD worth the extra $21K for the MYLR?

You need to drive both and look at your preferences and needs. I love the storage of the MY as well as the extra room. It's easier for my parents to get into. You can camp in it. The MY has more range and charges faster. I was also debating between getting another MYP or getting the M3 rwd. I went with the MYP and am okay with the price difference.

2 different cars! I would say wait another week until March 1st. You may lose 3750 on model 3 however if they announce a new model 3..maybe they drop the current model 3 to 38,500 price to get to the 35k standard range model 3 with 3750 tax credit assuming IRS cuts the tax credit in half next week